.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Resort Chat: Kristina McBride



The Book Resort is thrilled to have the amazing Kristina McBride over for a little chat.

Kristina is one of the fabulous tenners!

Ready? Let's go!

Me: What are you working on now? (If you can give us a hint!)

KM: Book 2 of my 2-book-deal. It is totally unrelated to The Tension of Opposites. That’s about all I can say for now . . .

Me: Spiderman or Superman:

KM: Superman

Me: Wonder Woman or Batgirl:

KM: Wonder Woman (do these answers show my age?)

Me: Chunky or Smooth:

KM: If it’s not smooth, I won’t eat it.

Me: Favorite flavor ice cream:

KM: It’s a toss up between chocolate and mint-chocolate-chip. Most days, chocolate would win.

Me: Favorite ice cream topping:

KMAnything chocolate (that’s not chunky)

Me: Subway or Taxi:

KM: Ummm . . . my 1998 Oldsmobile Intrigue (how totally, rocked-out cool am I?)

Me: Broadway Show or Movie Theater:

KM: Movie Theater

Me: TiVO or DVR:

KM: I don’t know what I’d do without my DVR. Seriously.

Me: Favorite vacation place:

KM: Any spot in the Caribbean.

Me: Next vacation destination:

KM: Hopefully a warm, sunny beach!

Me: Favorite NYC hotspot:

KM: Egmont USA, though I’ve never been there.

Me: Guilty Pleasure:

KM: Chocolate

Me: Good luck charm:

KM: My kids

Me: When you were a little girl, you thought you would grow up to be a….

KM: Librarian, hairstylist, teacher, or author. I can officially cross two off that list (teacher and author).

Me: Last thing bought at the mall:

KM: A messenger bag for my netbook.

Me: Item on your grocery list:

KM: Hershey Kisses

Me: French fries or Onion Rings:

KM: French Fries. Unless the onion rings are the super thin and cripsy “shoelace” variety.

Me: Pizza: New York or Chicago?

KM: New York

Me: Midnight snack:

KM: Fudgesicle

Me: Bookmark or dog ear?

KM: Bookmark

Me: Read with dustjacket or remove it?

KM: With it

Me: Ocean, Lake, Desert, Mountain:

KM: Ocean (but a mountain will certainly do!)

Me: Favorite book:

KM: Are you kidding? Classic: To Kill a Mockingbird by Harper Lee, MG: Savvy by Ingrid Law, Horror/Suspense: From the Corner of His Eye by Dean Koontz, YA: Tension of Opposites by Kristina McBride (Call me lame, but I have to list my book as my favorite YA. After all those years dreaming of my book being in a bookstore, no other could compare in my eyes.)

Me: Item you can't live without:

KM: My netbook

Me: Who is your favorite writer that most people have never heard of?

KM: Les Edgerton, who wrote a book on writing called Hooked that I read every time I start a new novel.

Me: What kid or teen books made a difference in your world growing up?

KM: Bridge to Terebithia by Katherine Paterson, anything by Christopher Pike, and the Little House series by Laura Ingalls Wilder.

Me: Where do you like to write your books (bed ~ coffee shop ~ an office)?

KM: Office, bedroom, couch, outside .. . . anywhere that is quiet.

Me: Describe your ideal place to write:

KM: Anywhere that is quiet.

Me: What are you reading @ the moment?

KM: Looking for Alaska by John Green

Me: Where do you usually read?

KM: Everywhere I go. I ALWAYS have a book with me.

Me: Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?

KM: Never.

Me: Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?

KM: I can’t remember the last nonfiction book I read.

Thank you so much to the beautiful, Kristina!



Check out:


Kristina's website Currently under construction!

Kristina's Facebook

Kristina on Twitter

Kristina on Authors Now!

Kristina's GoodReads

Kristina's Livejournal

10'ers 2010: A Book Odyssey




The Tension of Opposites arrives from Egmont USA on May 25, 2010








Psst! This is not the final cover version.





0 Friends chat back...: