.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Resort Chat: Cleo Coyle


The Book Resort is doing a *Snoopy dance* to have the totally awesome Cleo Coyle over to spend Thanksgiving week w/ me for Mystery Lover's Kitchen Thanksgiving Week.


I'd like to wish everyone a Happy Thanksgiving filled w/ happiness, warm friendships, laughter, love & cherished memories w/ your loved ones.

Embrace your loved ones & treasure your family!



I'm going to kick off my 1st Mystery Lover's Kitchen Thanksgiving Week w/ the lovely ladies favorite Thanksgiving memories & favorite dishes!




Thanksgiving Memory & Dish:

Almost every Thanksgiving of my childhood, I remember being woken by the muffled clanging of pots and pans and the savory smells of cooking coming from my family's kitchen. I would open my eyes to the first light of dawn and wander through the house in my pajamas, still yawning, eyes half-open, to find my mother and Aunt Mary already hard at work in the kitchen, getting the huge turkey ready for roasting. My mother would be at the stove, frying up the turkey innards in butter and olive oil, my aunt would be sitting at the kitchen table, slicing up Italian chestnuts.

My favorite dish was their stuffing, too. In fact, I didn't even have to wait for dinner. Thanksgiving breakfast was always a bowl of that freshly made chestnut stuffing. Years later, as an adult, I was stranded away from home and invited to a friend's house for Thanksgiving. I was truly grateful for that invitation, but it was the first time I realized how lucky I was growing up. The Thanksgiving stuffing at my friend's home had all the flavor of Styrofoam! It was just awful!

Good stuffing isn't that hard to make. Sure, you can take a shortcut with boxed stuffing mixes, but just remember to put the depth of flavor in there with fresh ingredients by sauteing up some diced onions, celery, and carrots in butter and oil, along with a bit of finely chopped savory meats. Use your favorite sweet sausage or fry up the organ meats that come wrapped inside your turkey. Fresh herbs like thyme, sage, and rosemary add wonderfully aromatic flavor notes, as well. Then simply add the fresh ingredients to your boxed mix and you'll produce a much more flavorful stuffing! Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!





Check out Cleo's Resort Chat
here!

Thank you so much, Cleo! I am blessed to count you as a friend! You totally ROCK!!!








Roast Mortem* arrives in hardcover from Penguin's Berkley Prime Crime August 3, 2010

*Early Cover Art NOT YET FINAL!


Roast Mortem is now available for pre~order @ Amazon!








Coffeehouse Mystery Website

TIP: Subscribe to Cleo's free newsletter and you're entered automatically in her weekly free coffee drawings!

Coffeehouse Mysteries Recipes

Mystery Lovers Kitchen

Cleo on Twitter

Cleo on Facebook

Check out my:

On What Grounds Review

Through the Grinder Review

Win A Copy of Holiday Grind ~ Cleo Coyle Hurry! Contest ends 11/30



0 Friends chat back...: