.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Resort Chat: Denise Jaden

The Book Resort is thrilled to have the charming Denise Jaden over for a little dish. Denise is one of the fantastic tenners!

Ready? Let's go!


Me: What are you working on now? (If you can give us a hint!)

DJ: I'm really secretive about my works in progress until I have at least a first draft. I've been working on an outline for a book that I plan to write during NaNoWriMo this November. Here's what I can tell you: I'm busy studying up on woodworking and a really interesting sport!


Me: Spiderman or Superman:

DJ: Superman (everyone in my family is a Superhero freak!)

Me: Wonder Woman or Batgirl:

DJ: Wonder Woman

Me: Chunky or Smooth:

DJ: Chunky - love textures!

Me: Favorite flavor ice cream:

DJ: Coffee, or maybe chocolate. Then again there's peanut butter...


Me: Favorite ice cream topping:

DJ: Hersheys chocolate syrup - why are you doing this to me???

Me: Subway or Taxi:

DJ: Subway - more interesting.

Me: Broadway Show or Movie Theater:

DJ: Broadway show - more energy.

Me: TiVO or DVR:

DJ: DVR (though to be perfectly honest, I don't have a clue what these are?)

Me: Favorite vacation place:

DJ: Disney World

Me: Next vacation destination:

DJ: NYC!!!

Me: Favorite NYC hotspot:

DJ: I'll let you know after the vacay!


Me: Guilty Pleasure:

DJ: See above (ice cream and toppings)

Me: Good luck charm:

DJ: Don't know that I have one. Or that I believe in luck.

Me: When you were a little girl, you thought you would grow up to be a….

DJ: A single wealthy lady with no kids. Ha, I guess the joke's on me!

Me: Last thing bought at the mall:

DJ: MAC lipglass - Bare Necessity.

Me: Item on your grocery list:

DJ: Lots and lots of protein.

Me: French fries or Onion Rings:

DJ: Neither. My 5 year old would tell you why... "Mommy, no hydrogenated oils."

Me: Pizza: New York or Chicago?

DJ: Don't know what these are, but I'll let you know after my trip!

Me: Midnight snack:

DJ: Who eats at midnight? I'm sleeping.

Me: Bookmark or dog ear?

DJ: I used to dog ear, but even the mention of it has my husband IRATE beside me. He's converted me to bookmark.

Me: Read with dustjacket or remove it?

DJ: With - I'd probably lose it if I took it off.

Me: Ocean, Lake, Desert, Mountain:

DJ: Ocean - one day I hope to surf.

Me: Favorite book:

DJ: Oh, come on! I'm not even going to dignify that with an answer. (next time ask me for my favorite ten and we'll talk!)

Me: Item you can't live without:

DJ: Laptop

Me: Who is your favorite writer that most people have never heard of?

DJ: Sharon Knauer

Me: What kid or teen books made a difference in your world growing up?

DJ: I avoided reading growing up. Too bad for me, I seriously missed out.

Me: Where do you like to write your books (bed ~ coffee shop ~ an office)?

DJ: At my tiny desk in the corner of the dining room.

Me: Describe your ideal place to write:

DJ: Tahiti - beach front hut.

Me: What are you reading @ the moment?

DJ: PURE by Terra Elan McVoy

Me: Where do you usually read?

DJ: In bed.

Me: Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?

DJ: Yes, one in book form, one or two in audiobook. Plus spiritual enrichment books, child-rearing books, homeschool prep, etc., etc.

Me: Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?

DJ: No. I wish I could, but my only real reading time is in bed or at the gym.

Me: Thank you, Denise, for the interview & the laughs!

About Denise:

Denise Jaden's writing has appeared in Mississippi Crow Magazine
(Spring, 2008), The Greensilk Journal (Fall 2007 - where her story,
LOCKED AWAY, won an Editor's Choice Award),and will be
forthcoming in The Tidepool Fiction Ezine.

Her novels have received various awards through Romance Writers of America. Her first novel
for teens, LOSING FAITH, is forthcoming from Simon Pulse, fall 2010.

She lives just outside Vancouver, Canada with her husband and son.

NOVELS:

Losing Faith (Young Adult) Winner of YAFiction's First Three
Chapters Contest and First Place in the Young Adult Category
of RWA's Launching A Star Contest.

Appetite For Beauty (Young Adult)

Belly Up (Young Adult) (Belly Up was a winner in the ARE YOU
HOOKED? contest


SHORT STORIES:

The Truth About Carson

Tidepool Fiction, April, 2009
Nonexistent (Literary)

Mississippi Crow Issue 6
Locked Away (Mainstream)

The Greensilk Journal (fall 2007 edition)
www.thegreensilkjournal.citymax.com

Check out:

Denise's website

Denise's blog

Denise on Livejournal

Denise on Facebook

Denise on Twitter



LOSING FAITH arrives from Simon Pulse Fall 2010

Unfortunately, there is no cover available @ this time.

When Brie’s sister Faith falls tragically from a cliff, sixteen-year-old Brie is
left devastated and convinced it isn’t an accident. In her grief, she
becomes friends with another girl at her school, Tessa, whose sister has
also passed away. Tessa and Brie join forces to seek out the truth of
what happened the night of Faith’s death and discover, among other
things, a religious cult in which Faith was a rebellious member.

Brie falls out of the popular crowd into a band of misfit teens who help
her learn the truth about Faith, the sister she hated and loved.



LOSING FAITH won RWA’S 2008 Launching A Star Contest for the YA
category.



0 Friends chat back...: