.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, November 26, 2009

Resort Chat: Kody Keplinger


The Book Resort is thrilled to have the incredible Kody Keplinger over for a little chat.

Kody is one of the amazing tenners!

Ready? Let's go!


Me: What are you working on now? (If you can give us a hint!)

KK: I"m doing NaNo, so I"m working on a project called GOLDFISH. Its a lot different from anything I've ever done, so I'm a little nervous, but I"m very excited to try something new.

Me: Spiderman or Superman:

KK: Um...tough...Spiderman.


Me: Wonder Woman or Batgirl:

KK: Easy. Wonder Woman!

Me: Chunky or Smooth:

KK: Smooth. No question.

Me: Favorite flavor ice cream:

KK: Chocolate chip cookie dough.

Me: Favorite ice cream topping:

KK: Chocolate syrup

Me: Subway or Taxi:

KK: Taxi.

Me: Broadway Show or Movie Theater:

KK: I've never been to a broadway show, so I guess movie theater for now.


Me: TiVO or DVR:

KK: I don't have either. *pouts*

Me: Favorite vacation place:

KK: I haven't been on many vacations, but Disney World has probably been the best so far.


Me: Next vacation destination:

KK: It's not really a vacation, but I"m visiting NYC for a few days in November, and I"m excited, so I think it counts.

Me: Favorite NYC hotspot:

KK: I've only been once. So I'll let you know when I find a hotspot!

Me: Guilty Pleasure:

KK: Gossip Girl TV Show. But I don't really feel too guilty, to be honest.

Me: Good luck charm:

KK: My "I <3 Chuck Bass" T-shirt. I wear it whenever I want luck.

Me: When you were a little girl, you thought you would grow up to be a….

KK: Either a writer or an actress.

Me: Last thing bought at the mall:

KK: Snow boots.

Me: Item on your grocery list:

KK: Milk

Me: French fries or Onion Rings:

KK: FRIES!!!! DUH!

Me: Pizza: New York or Chicago?

KK: Neither. I like regular, thin crust, universal pizza.

Me: Midnight snack:

KK: Whatever I can find in the vending machine. I AM in college after all.

Me: Bookmark or dog ear?

KK: Bookmark. Always.

Me: Read with dustjacket or remove it?:

KK: I read with it on and a lot of times use the flap to mark my page.

Me: Ocean, Lake, Desert, Mountain:

KK: Ocean

Me: Favorite book:

KK: "Pride and Prejudice" by Jane Austen.

Me: Item you can't live without:

KK: My laptop

Me: Who is your favorite writer that most people have never heard of?

KK: Wow, that's tough. Sadly, I'm super mainstream. I read a lot of authors everyone HAS heard of. Currently, I'm in love with Bethany Griffin and Courtney Summers. Not that unheardof. I need to widen my scope a bit, huh?


Me: What kid or teen books made a difference in your world growing up?:

KK: Harry Potter changed my life because it made me love to read again. And "Are You There, God? It's Me, Margaret" by Judy Blume made me realize there weren't limits. I could write the truth, and it was okay.


Me: Where do you like to write your books (bed ~ coffee shop ~ an office)?

KK: My first book was pretty much entirely composed in my bedroom floor. My second, in a dorm bed. I can write pretty much anywhere my laptop can be plugged in.

Me: Describe your ideal place to write:

KK: On the floor of my dorm room (at some point when it is clean), with my laptop in my lap, some Sour Patch Kids sitting beside me, and a big bottle of Diet Mountain Dew. Perfection, this is.

Me: What are you reading @ the moment?: 2 books. I'm reading the ARC of SOME GIRLS ARE by Courtney Summers. and I'm reading CITY OF ASHES by Cassandra Clare.

Me: Where do you usually read?

KK: At my desk.


Me: Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?

KK: Not usually, but my roommate and I have created "bonding time." She reads to me and its fun. We're dorks, but we both get enjoyment out of it. We're working our way thorugh the Mortal Instruments right now.

Me: Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?

KK: Yes. I read it with much less pleasure. Haha.





Check out: Kody's blog

Kody on Twitter

Kody contributes to the following:

Teens Writing For Teens

YA Highway



THE DUFF 'Designated Ugly Fat Friend' arrives from Little Brown/Poppy Fall 2010

Synopsis:

Seventeen-year-old Bianca knows she’s the Duff (the designated ugly, fat friend). So when Wesley, a notorious womanizer, approaches her at a party she knows he wants to score with one—or both—of her hot friends. God, the man-whore’s arrogance really pisses her off! But Bianca needs to escape from some personal drama, like her mom’s abandonment and her dad’s denial, and a steamy fling with Wesley seems like the perfect distraction. Bianca makes it clear she’s only using Wesley, as if he cares. He’ll sleep with anything that moves after all. Unfortunately, the enemies-with-benefits plan totally backfires.

When her mom files for divorce and her father stumbles into a downward spiral of drinking and depression, Wesley proves to be a surprisingly good listener, and Bianca finds out that his family is pretty screwed up, too. As sickening as it sounds, she has to admit that she and Wesley are a lot alike. Soon she becomes jealous of the pretty girls he flirts with and his cocky grin begins to grow on her. Suddenly Bianca realizes—with absolute horror—that she’s falling for the guy she thought she hated.






Unfortunately, there is no cover available @ the time of this interview. As soon as Kody receives one, she will send it my way. I can't wait!




0 Friends chat back...: