.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, November 6, 2009

Resort Chat: Jen Nadol


The Book Resort is thrilled to have the charming Jen Nadol

over for a little dish. Jen is one of the uber amazing tenners.

Ready? Let's go!


Me: What are you working on now? (If you can give us a hint!)

JN: My second book is finished and by the time this posts, will probably be on submission (keep your fingers crossed for me!). Hopefully, I’ll have stopped stalling and started my next project.


Me: Spiderman or Superman:

JN: Superman, I guess.


Me: Wonder Woman or Batgirl:

JN: Batgirl


Me: Chunky or Smooth:

JN: Chunky


Me: Favorite flavor ice cream:

JN: Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough


Me: Favorite ice cream topping:

JN: Heath Bar


Me: Subway or Taxi:

JN: Taxi, unless I’m flat broke or traffic’s terrible

Me: Broadway Show or Movie Theater:

JN: Broadway Show. I’m kind of awed by people who can sing.


Me: TiVO or DVR:

JN: Neither


Me: Favorite vacation place:

JN: Just about anywhere in Europe. It always feels like you’ve really gone away when even grocery shopping is an adventure.


Me: Next vacation destination:

JN: No plans L

Me: Favorite NYC hotspot:

JN: SoHo for window-shopping/people-watching


Me: Guilty Pleasure:

JN: American Idol


Me: Good luck charm:

JN: I don’t have one. Never did. I guess I’m not very superstitious.

Me: When you were a little girl, you thought you would grow up to be a….

JN: veterinarian, writer, air traffic controller, artist…


Me: Last thing bought at the mall:

JN: Mascara


Me: Item on your grocery list:

JN: Yogurt


Me: French fries or Onion Rings:

JN: French Fries

Me: Pizza: New York or Chicago?

JN: NY

Me: Midnight snack:

JN: Water


Me: Bookmark or dog ear?

JN: Dog ear. Sorry!

Me: Read with dustjacket or remove it?

JN: Remove it.


Me: Ocean, Lake, Desert, Mountain:

JN: Ocean

Me: Favorite book:

JN: Impossible question! Honestly, I left this for last and *still* can’t choose. Maybe A Prayer for Owen Meany? White Oleander? A Secret History?


Me: Item you can't live without:

JN: chapstick


Me: Who is your favorite writer that most people have never heard of?

JN: Alan Glynn. He has only one book, The Dark Fields, but I’ve read it at least three times.


Me: What kid or teen books made a difference in your world growing up?

JN: Definitely Nancy Drew. Also there were two books I found at my grandmother’s house – The Pink Motel and Half Magic – that I read over and over (I’m a big re-reader) and have on my bookshelves even now.


Me: Where do you like to write your books (bed ~ coffee shop ~ an office)?

JN: My office

Me: Describe your ideal place to write:

JN: My office. I can get in the zone almost as soon as I sit at my desk.


Me: What are you reading @ the moment?

JN: Magic Under Glass

Me: Where do you usually read?

JN: In bed


Me: Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?

JN: Never

Me: Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?

JN: No. I only really read narrative non-fiction like A Civil Action or Into Thin Air, which feel just like fiction.



About Jen:

I grew up in Reading, Pennsylvania, hometown of Taylor Swift, John Updike and A.S. King.

This is me in high school. I liked to dye my hair, shop at thrift stores and listen to a lot of Depeche Mode, The Cure, and Erasure. My favorite book was The Stand.

I went to college at American University in Washington DC and graduated with a Lit degree which spent the next twelve years collecting dust while I worked in human resources for a national retail chain.

Now I live north of NYC in an old farmhouse with my husband and three young sons. I still love thrift stores, listen to just about anything from Mozart to My Chemical Romance, and have way too many favorite books to name.



Check out:

Jen Nadol's website

Jen's blog

Jen on Twitter

Jen on Facebook

Goodreads

AuthorsNow

The Tenners


The Mark arrives January 19, 2010

Now available for pre~order!


Amazon

Barnes & Noble

Books ~A~Million

Borders

Indie

Powell's






0 Friends chat back...: