.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

A Resort Chat w/ Gail Barrett


The Book Resort is thrilled Gail Barrett stopped by for a little chat.

Ready? Let's go!


Me: What are you working on now? (If you can give us a hint!)
GB: I'm working on another suspense novel for Silhouette Romantic Suspense. I don't have a release date yet, but it involves espionage, stolen nuclear secrets, and two former lovers determined to keep the dangerous information from enemy hands.

Me: Spiderman or Superman:
GB: Neither, I'm afraid. I don't pay attention to superheroes.

Me: Wonder Woman or Batgirl:
GB: See above.

Me: Chunky or Smooth:
GB: Chunky.

Me: Favorite flavor ice cream:
GB: Chocolate fudge.

Me: Favorite ice cream topping:
GB: Chocolate fudge (Did I mention that I like chocolate fudge?)

Me: Subway or Taxi:
GB: I like taxis but live on a subway budget.

Me: Broadway Show or Movie Theater:
GB: How about Netflix?

Me: TiVo or DVR:
GB: DVR.

Me: Favorite vacation place:
GB: Spain.

Me: Next vacation destination:
GB: Probably Montana, then Spain.

Me: Favorite NYC hotspot:
GB: Uh...

Me: Guilty Pleasure:
GB: Drinking a glass of good wine while reading in bed.

Me: Good luck charm:
GB: :(((

Me: When you were a little girl, you thought you would grow up to be a….
GB: Writer. I knew what I wanted to do from an early age.

Me: Last thing bought at the mall:
GB: Socks.

Me: Item on your grocery list:
GB: Kleenex. It's allergy season.

Me: French fries or Onion Rings:
GB: Onion rings.

Me: Pizza: New York or Chicago?
GB: White sauce, tons of veggies.

Me: Midnight snack:
GB: Cheese.

Me: Bookmark or dog ear?
GB: Both, but mostly dog ear.

Me: Read with dustjacket or remove it?
GB: I try to leave it on, but it usually falls off or rips.

Me: Ocean, Lake, Desert, Mountain:
GB: Mountain.

Me: Favorite book:
GB: No clue. I have way too many to count. I mostly read mysteries and romance.

Me: Item you can't live without:
GB: Washing machine. A long time ago I spent four years living in Spain and had to wash my clothes by hand. It was a total pain.

Me: Who is your favorite writer that most people have never heard of?
GB: Roderic Jeffries, C.J. Sansom.

Me: What kid or teen books made a difference in your world growing up?
GB: Dostoevsky, Herman Hesse, Ayn Rand, Tolstoy. I was pretty intense as a teenager.

Me: Where do you like to write your books (bed ~ coffee shop ~ an office)?
GB: My office.

Me: Describe your ideal place to write:
GB: My office. I get distracted too easily in other places.

Me: What are you reading @ the moment? Sovereign by C.J. Sansom. Where do you usually read?
GB: In bed.

Me: Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
GB: Yes, usually two or three.

Me: Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
GB: Yes. I tend to skim non fiction, sometimes reading it from the back of the book forward, and I usually read it while eating or in doctor's offices, on airplanes, etc.

Thank you, Gail for stopping by!

Check Gail's website:
http://www.gailbarrett.com/

Grab a copy of Gail's latest:

His 7-Day Fiancee




0 Friends chat back...: