.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 18, 2009

A Resort Chat w/ Jen Calonita



The spectacular Jen Calonita stopped by The Book Resort to dish.

So, let's kick back & enjoy Jen's visit!



Me: What are you working on now? (If you can give us a hint!)
JC: I'm editing Secrets 5 aka Broadway Lights. It's so much fun working on a Kaitlin story again and I'm loving the chance to have Kaitlin in New York. It's fun writing about my favorite places since I'm a New Yorker (or should I say a suburban girl who likes to go to New York!)

Me: Spiderman or Superman:
JC: Superman -- my son Tyler is a huge fan! I do love the Spider-Man movies (1 and 2 at least. 3 annoyed me a bit)

Me: Wonder Woman or Batgirl:
JC: Wonder Woman. She kicks butt!

Me: Chunky or Smooth:
JC: Chunky all the way! Chunky peanut butter, ice cream -- the more crunch the better!

Me: Favorite flavor ice cream:
JC: Friendly's Butter Crunch

Me: Favorite ice cream topping:
JC: Marshmellow

Me: Subway or Taxi:
JC: Depends on where I'm going --if I have to transfer three times to get there I'll probably take the taxi instead

Me: Broadway Show or Movie Theater:
JC: I love seeing Broadway shows but my heart belongs to the movie theater. Monday nights are girls night at our local theater and my girlfriends and I go all the time.

Me: TiVo or DVR:
JC: TiVo is my true love. I have a DVR too, but it just doesn't compare to TiVo.

Me: Favorite vacation place:
JC: Disney World. If I could kick Cinderella out of her castle, my family would seriously consider living in the Magic Kingdom.

Me: Next vacation destination:
JC: Um...Disney. LOL! We did just get back from Jamaica where a friend of ours got married.

Me: Favorite NYC hotspot:
JC: Kaitlin will have to take me to one of hers because I don't have one. These aren't hot spots, but I do love Tequila Flats and Magnolia Bakery.

Me: Guilty Pleasure:
JC: A spa day! I love facials and massages.

Me: Good luck charm:
JC: My sons, Tyler and Dylan.

Me: When you were a little girl, you thought you would grow up to be a….
JC: A writer. Really! But I thought I'd be working at a newspaper, which I never did.

Me: Last thing bought at the mall:
JC: Soap! Bath and Body Works is having their semi-annual sale and I stocked up.

Me: Item on your grocery list:
JC: Everything from baby food to Weight Watchers Oreo ice cream bars (they're SO good!)

Me: French fries or Onion Rings:
JC: French fries all the way

Me: Pizza: New York or Chicago?
JC: New York for sure!

Me: Midnight snack:
JC: I'm slightly obsessed with Stacy's Naked Pita Chips. I can't stop eating them.

Me: Bookmark or dog ear?
JC: Dog ear. I know, I know, so bad!

Me: Read with dustjacket or remove it?
JC: Dustjacket on

Me: Ocean, Lake, Desert, Mountain:
JC: Ocean, but the mountains in Utah can't be beat.

Me: Favorite book:
JC: I don't have just one. At the moment, I'm loving The Glamorous Double Life of Isabel Bookbinder by Holly McQueen. I can't stop laughing.

Me: Item you can't live without:
JC: My sunglasses. I can't be outside without them. Sometimes I wonder if I'm a vampire.

Me: Who is your favorite writer that most people have never heard of?
JC: I tend to like funny girls so my picks are all pretty popular (sorry!). Sophie Kinsella is one of my faves, as is Meg Cabot.

Me: What kid or teen books made a difference in your world growing up?
JC: I lived for this series called Sweet Valley High. They had almost two hundred books in the series plus all these summer and mystery specials and I probably read all of them. I also loved Judy Blume and Cynthia Voight. Homecoming was amazing.

Me: Where do you like to write your books (bed ~ coffee shop ~ an office)?
JC: In my office, but when I'm stressing out I head to Panera Bread because I like the commotion going on. It's great background noise.

Me: Describe your ideal place to write:
JC: I need some music playing -- usually light rock (think John Mayer). It can't be anything too loud or I sing along. I need a pillow on my chair and I need my dog, Captain Jack Sparrow hanging out on the couch in my office. He silently cheers me on. I'm sure of it.

Me: What are you reading @ the moment?
JC: Queen of Babble Gets Hitched by Meg Cabot

Me: Where do you usually read?
JC: In bed. But last week was the best -- I laid in a tube in our hotel's lazy river and went round and round with my book. Yes, it got pretty wet, but it was worth it.

Me: Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
JC: No. I've never been good at book multi-tasking.

Me: Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
JC: Yes, actually. Nonfiction I never read before bed. Usually on the couch. And I have no clue why!

Me: Thank you so much, Jen!
JC: Thanks. These are really fun questions!
For some incredible beach reads... or rainy day reads, grab Jen's books:

Secrets of My Hollywood Life
On Location

Family Affairs

Paparazzi Princess

Sleepaway Girls

Check out the fabulous Jen @ http://jencalonitaonline.com/











0 Friends chat back...: