.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Monday, July 6, 2009

A Resort Chat w/ Justine Larbalestier



The Book Resort is thrilled to have Justine Larbalestier stop by to dish.

Ready? Let's go!


Me: What are you working on now? (If you can give us a hint!)
JL: My next book is set in New York City in the 1930s. It's big and sprawling with a cast of millions. There will be lindy hopping and explosions.



Me: Wonder Woman or Batgirl:
JL: Love them both. Was addicted to the Lynda Carter tellie show when I was wee. But I also watched Batman the camp 60s show obsessively and was always crushed when Batgirl's motorbike didn't zoom by in the opening credits.



Me: Subway or Taxi:
JL: Walking or riding a bicycle.



Me: Broadway Show or Movie Theater:
JL: I would rather see a really excellent Broadway show than go to a movie. But I'd rather see pretty much any movie than go to a mediocre or bad Broadway show.



Me: Guilty Pleasure:
JL: I don't have any. I am not ashamed of any of the things I love.



Me: When you were a little girl, you thought you would grow up to be a….
JL: Writer



Me: Midnight snack:
JL: Dried fruit and nuts.



Me: Bookmark or dog ear?
JL: Bookmark!



Me: Read with dustjacket or remove it?
JL: Depends on the book and the jacket.



Me: Ocean, Lake, Desert, Mountain:
JL: All are lovely.



Me: Who is your favorite writer that most people have never heard of?
JL: Alaya Johnson. But I suspect when her next book comes out in 2010 way more people will discover her genius.



Me: What kid or teen books made a difference in your world growing up?
JL: Enid Blyton's Folk of the Faraway Tree



Me: Where do you like to write your books (bed ~ coffee shop ~ an office)?
JL: I can write pretty much anywhere as I travel a lot. But mostly I wind up writing on a couch with my laptop. I don't like cafes but will write in them if there's no alternative.

Me: Describe your ideal place to write:
JL: With my husband far away from all the other people I know, with no chores to do, no internet access, a gorgeous view, and a great ergonomic set up.



Me: What are you reading @ the moment?
JL: Harlem: The Making of a Ghetto by Gilbert Osofsky



Me: Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
JL: No.



Me: Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
JL: No.


Hurry grab a copy of any of Justine's backlist & pre-order
Liar

Magic's Child (2007)
Magic Lessons (2006)
Magic or Madness (2005)




Check out Justine @


http://www.justinelarbalestier.com/

http://www.justinelarbalestier.com/blog

jl@justinelarbalestier.com



















0 Friends chat back...: