.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Thursday, June 11, 2009

A Resort Chat w/ Aprilynne Pike


The Book Resort is thrilled to have the fantastic Aprilynne Pike stop by for a visit. She is quite interesting lady!

Ready? Let's go!


Me: What are you working on now? (If you can give us a hint!)
AP: I am just finishing up an unrelated, stand-alone novel that is a modern retelling of The Scarlet Pimpernel involving a klepto ghost and the only guy who can see her. After that I am starting on the third book in the WINGS series!

Me: Spiderman or Superman:
AP: I'm a sucker for Superman.:)

Me: Wonder Woman or Batgirl:
AP: Wonder Woman

Me: Chunky or Smooth:
AP: Chunky! I love "stuff" in my ice cream! . . . Wait, maybe you meant peanut butter. I have ice cream on the brain. Either way, same answer.:)

Me: Favorite flavor ice cream:
AP: Baskin Robbins' Peanut Butter 'n Chocolate.

Me: Favorite ice cream topping:
AP: The funky Shell stuff that pours on and then hardens. I LOVE that stuff!

Me: Subway or Taxi:
AP: Thus far I have been a taxi girl, but I really want to learn the subway system. I took the subway with my agent last year and it was fun! (Yes, I am easily amused.:))

Me: Broadway Show or Movie Theater:
AP: Give me Broadway any day of the week!

Me: TiVo or DVR:
AP: Neither.

Me: Favorite vacation place:
AP: The beach! Almost anywhere as long as there is sand, waves, and sun!

Me: Next vacation destination:
AP: The city. Big cities like New York and Chicago. I love the life of cities!

Me: Favorite NYC hotspot:
AP: Is it weird to say my publisher's offices? I love visiting them! And not just because they give me free books.;)

Me: Guilty Pleasure:
AP: Long, hot baths.

Me: Good luck charm:
AP: Dolls. I love dolls!

Me: When you were a little girl, you thought you would grow up to be a….
AP: Princess! No really. I always wanted to be a princess when I grew up. I even figured I could find a prince to marry if they wouldn't make me a princess on my own merits.

Me: Last thing bought at the mall:
AP: *smile* A little black dress for an amazing party I went to last month in NYC.

Me: Item on your grocery list:
AP: Pickles!

Me: French fries or Onion Rings:
AP: French Fries.

Me: Pizza: New York or Chicago?
AP: I enjoy Chicago style pizza, but I'm afraid everything is better in NYC.:)

Me: Midnight snack:
AP: Chocolate. Kisses, usually.

Me: Bookmark or dog ear?
AP: Neither. I have a thing with numbers and I generally just remember what page I am on. Often in multiple books . . .

Me: Read with dustjacket or remove it?
AP: Remove it. Otherwise it gets worn on the edges.

Me: Ocean, Lake, Desert, Mountain:
AP: Ocean, ocean, ocean!!!

Me: Favorite book:
AP: The Giver, by Lois Lowry

Me: Item you can't live without:
AP: My iPhone.

Me: Who is your favorite writer that most people have never heard of?
AP: Janni Lee Simner. She wrote a book called Bones of Faerie that I loved so much I was kind of in a funk for a few days because it is so much better than mine.:D

Me: What kid or teen books made a difference in your world growing up?
AP: I think I read The True Confessions of Charlotte Doyle a hundred times as a kid. I loved her adventures, her rebellion, her stamina, and her loyalty not only to others, but to herself. These are elements I work really hard at putting in my series.

Me: Where do you like to write your books (bed ~ coffee shop ~ an office)?
AP: I love to write in restaurants with something yummy by my side, but because I am a full-time mom to three kids, it is hard to get away sometimes. So generally I write in my office. (I have a gorgeous office, I just can't complain!)

Me: Describe your ideal place to write:
AP: For me, it's not the place so much as the atmosphere. I like light background noise, but not music (I start writing the lyrics into my novels if I listen to too much music), and the temperature to be plenty warm, preferably with a snack beside me and something good to drink. I also really prefer to have my internet connected so I can look things up and keep an eye on my email.

Me: What are you reading @ the moment?
AP: Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. I scored an ARC at BEA!

Me: Where do you usually read?
AP: Everywhere. To the point of carrying books around with me all over the house!

Me: Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
AP: Almost always. Like four or five generally.

Me: Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
AP: I usually read non-fiction in order to obtain information and fiction just for fun!

AP: Thank you!!

I want to thank Aprilynne for being such a fun interview. Thank you, Aprilynne.



Check out Aprilynne @
http://www.aprilynnepike.com/


HarperTeen

Twitter

Blogspot

LiveJournal

Facebook

MySpace


Grab a copy or a few copies of Wings

Buy from Amazon (US)

(Canada)

(UK)

Buy from Barnes & Noble

Buy from Borders

Buy from an Independent Bookstore Near You
















0 Friends chat back...: