.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, September 26, 2009

A Resort Chat w/ Suzanne Selfors



The Book Resort is thrilled to have the charming Suzanne Selfors.

Ready? Let's go!

Me: What are you working on now? (If you can give us a hint!)

SS: I'm writing my 3rd teen novel. The working title is, The Adventures of Alice Amorous. It's a comedy about the daughter of a romance writer.


Me: Spiderman or Superman:

SS: Superman. Spiders are creepy.

Me: Wonder Woman or Batgirl:

SS: My boobs aren't big enough to be Wonder Woman. Besides, Batgirl has a far better costume.


Me: Chunky or Smooth:

SS: That's kind of a personal question. I'm feeling a bit chunky at the moment.


Me: Favorite flavor ice cream:

SS: Coconut.

Me: Favorite ice cream topping:

SS: Coconut doesn't need topping.

Me: Subway or Taxi:

SS: Taxi. We don't have subways in my neck of the woods.

Me: Broadway Show or Movie Theater:

SS: Hmmm. Broadway show, but I'm real picky about musicals.

Me: TiVo or DVR:

SS: I can't figure out how to work either.

Me: Favorite vacation place:

SS: Hawaii. I don't care which island. Just give me that perfect weather, a good book, and some coconut ice cream.

Me: Next vacation destination:

SS: Vancouver Canada . Love bike riding in Stanley Park .

Me: Favorite NYC hotspot:

SS: Last time I was in NYCity, during my college years, I hung out at Studio 54. Uh oh. Now you know that I'm old. Believe me, it was the hotspot back then.

Me: Guilty Pleasure:

SS: People Magazine

Me: Good luck charm:

SS: My dog, Skylos.

Me: When you were a little girl, you thought you would grow up to be a…

SS: Marine Biologist. But I get seasick.

Me: Last thing bought at the mall:

SS: A "Lucky" t-shirt.

Me: Item on your grocery list:

SS: Strawberries. It's that time of year.

Me: French fries or Onion Rings:

SS: French Fries.

Me: Pizza: New York or Chicago

SS: New York. It's gotta be foldable.

Me: Midnight snack:

SS: Cereal. Most every night.

Me: Bookmark or dog ear?

SS: Dog ear. And sometimes I even drop them into the bathtub. Not on purpose.

Me: Read with dustjacket or remove it?

SS: Seems to always fall off on its own.

Me: Ocean, Lake , Desert, Mountain:

SS: Ocean.

Me: Favorite book:

SS: A Confederancy of Dunces.

Me: Item you can't live without:

SS: Lipstick. Seriously, I'm so pale I look dead without it.

Me: Who is your favorite writer that most people have never heard of?

SS: Me.

Me: Where do you like to write your books (bed ~ coffee shop ~ an office)?

SS: I mostly write in coffee shops. I'm kind of a caffeine addict. Okay, I am a caffeine addict.

Me: Describe your ideal place to write:

SS: See above.

Me: What are you reading @ the moment?

SS: I just finished Catching Fire by Suzanne Collins. I got an ARC. I don't know what I'll read next.

Me: Where do you usually read?

SS: In bed.

Me: Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?

SS: No. My brain doesn't work that way.

Me: Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?

SS: Of course. Isn't all nonfiction read on the toilet?


Thank you so much, Suzanne, for the fun chat!







0 Friends chat back...: