.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Friday, September 25, 2009

A Resort Chat w/ Megan Crewe


The Book Resort is thrilled to have the charming Megan Crewe
over for a chat.

Ready? Let's go!

Me: What are you working on now? (If you can give us a hint!)

MC: You can expect more ghosts from me, but not necessarily Cass's sort of ghosts. :)

Me: Spiderman or Superman:

MC: Spiderman--he always seemed more real, as a person. (But then, I guess Superman technically isn't human anyway, right?)

Me: Wonder Woman or Batgirl:

MC: I don't know much about Wonder Woman, but I know Batgirl was smart and a librarian, so I'll give her my vote.

Me: Chunky or Smooth:

MC: Smooth. Chunky is yummy but gets stale too quickly!

Me: Favorite flavor ice cream:

MC: Maple walnut. Like any good Canadian, I love my maple. :)

Me: Favorite ice cream topping:

MC: Dark chocolate syrup.

Me: Subway or Taxi:

MC: Subway (I don't like traffic).

Me: Broadway Show or Movie Theater:

MC: I love them both, but I can usually only afford movies.

Me: TiVO or DVR:

MC: I don't have either.

Me: Favorite vacation place:

MC: Anywhere with lots of history and beautiful scenery.

Me: Next vacation destination:

MC: If all goes well, Japan!

Me: Favorite NYC hotspot:

MC: I don't know NYC well enough to have one.

Me: Guilty Pleasure:

MC: Doritos, KFC french fries and gravy, and America's Next Top Model.

Me: Good luck charm:

MC: I make my own luck. :)

Me: When you were a little girl, you thought you would grow up to be a….

MC: Veterinarian (that was before I realized that the sight of an animal in grave need of medical attention could make me faint).

Me: Last thing bought at the mall:

MC: A couple shirts, and sharpies for signing books.

Me: Item on your grocery list:

MC: Milk, every week. Cannot live without!

Me: French fries or Onion Rings:

MC: French fries win by an inch.

Me: Pizza: New York or Chicago?

MC: I don't know the difference. *hides* Best pizza I ever had was in Naples.

Me: Midnight snack:

MC: Ice cream.

Me: Bookmark or dog ear?

MC: I just memorize the page number I stopped at. But I do dog-ear pages I want to come back to in research books.

Me: Read with dustjacket or remove it?

MC: Read with--but usually I read paperbacks so it's not an issue.

Me: Ocean, Lake, Desert, Mountain:

MC: Ocean.

Me: Favorite book:

MC: The one that I've loved the longest is THE CHANGELING by Zilpha Keatley Snyder.

Me: Item you can't live without:

MC: At home, my computer. On the go, a pen and notebook.

Me: Who is your favorite writer that most people have never heard of?

MC: Zilpha Keatley Snyder. She wrote many great books and even won awards, yet she's hardly mentioned these days.

Me: What kid or teen books made a difference in your world growing up?

MC: THE CHANGELING made me feel that imagination could be a wonderful, productive thing, and that a shy girl like me could eventually come into my own. Roald Dahl's THE WITCHES taught me that even books don't always have happy endings, but if you look at them in the right way, they can still feel happy enough.

Me: Where do you like to write your books (bed ~ coffee shop ~ an office)?

MC: In my "office" (which is a third of my bedroom), sitting in my special writing chair, with my laptop.

Me: Describe your ideal place to write:

MC: If I could be anywhere, probably at a cabin in the woods somewhere. I love the writing retreats my critique group arranges--it's so peaceful and atmospheric.

Me: What are you reading @ the moment?

MC: SINGLING OUT THE COUPLES by Stella Duffy.

Me: Where do you usually read?

MC: I probably do most of my reading on the public transit (bus and subway) because that's when I have the most free time for it. But I also love reading in bed and have spent many a late night with an un-put-down-able book.

Me: Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?

MC: No, I find it hard to pay proper attention to more than one book at once.

Me: Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?

MC: I read narrative nonfiction (nonfiction that's written like a story) the same way as fiction. Nonfiction that's more about laying out the facts, I tend to only read if I'm researching, and so I often skim or skip parts and just read the bits that are relevant to what I need to know.


Thank you so much, Megan, for getting this done in a blink of an eye ; ). LOL!






0 Friends chat back...: