.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, May 20, 2009

A Resort Chat with Amanda Matetsky



The incredible Amanda Matetsky stopped by The Book Resort to chat.

I am thrilled to have this honor.

Thank you, Amanda for the fun time I had.


Here we go...


Me: WHAT ARE YOU WORKING ON NOW? (IF YOU CAN GIVE US A HINT!)

AM: I'm currently engaged in three different pursuits: 1) writing a stand-alone romantic comedy mystery thriller
2) creating a chick lit graphic novel proposal (in collaboration with comics artist Andrew Pepoy)
3) preparing my new Annie March mystery, The Serial Lover, for publication.

Me: SPIDERMAN OR SUPERMAN:

AM: Superman all the way! He's gorgeous, brave, strong--and he can fly. I'd rather be airborne with Superman than stuck to the wall with Spider-Man.

Me: WONDER WOMAN OR BATGIRL:

AM: Wonder Woman. I like the outfit better.

Me: CHUNKY OR SMOOTH:

AM: Smooth, smoother, smoothest.

Me: FAVORITE FLAVOR ICE CREAM:

AM: Vanilla or coffee (note: both are smooth, not chunky).

Me: SUBWAY OR TAXI:

AM: It's a toss-up, depending on the weather and my wallet.

Me: BROADWAY SHOW OR MOVIE THEATER:

AM: Stage or screen, it's the story that counts.

Me: TIVO OR DVR:

AM: I much prefer DVR since that's what I have.

Me: FAVORITE VACATION PLACE:

AM: On my couch, watching All About Eve for the eightieth time.

Me: NEXT VACATION DESTINATION:

AM: Seattle, to visit my sister (unless she wants to come visit me on my couch).

Me: FAVORITE NYC HOTSPOT:

AM: The nearest Mexican restaurant.

Me: GUILTY PLEASURE:

AM: Eating a whole pint of ice cream while watching a Nora Ephron movie.

Me: GOOD LUCK CHARM:

AM: A tiny green marble elephant that sits on my bathroom counter and protects me from toxic makeup.







Me: WHEN YOU WERE A LITTLE GIRL, YOU THOUGHT YOU WOULD GROW UP TO BE A....

AM: Writer. It's all I ever wanted to be (besides beautiful and smart and irresistible to men).

Me: LAST THING I BOUGHT AT THE MALL:

AM: A batch of toxic makeup.

ME: ITEM ON YOUR GROCERY LIST:

AM: Fresh spinach. I put it in every salad that I make, and I make a salad every night.

Me: FRENCH FRIES OR ONION RINGS:

AM: Both--preferably together.

Me: PIZZA: NEW YORK OR CHICAGO?

AM: New York, of course.

Me: MIDNIGHT SNACK:

AM: Am I crazy, or is this interview all about food? That said, I admit to an endless passion for chips and salsa.

Me: BOOKMARK OR DOG EAR?

AM: I have great respect for books, so I always use a bookmark.

Me: READ WITH DUSTJACKET OR REMOVE IT?

AM: I remove it to protect it.

Me: OCEAN, LAKE, DESERT, MOUNTAIN:

AM: Ocean. I love the mystery of it.

Me: FAVORITE BOOK:

AM: I could never pick just one, so I won't even try.

Me: ITEM YOU CAN'T LIVE WITHOUT:

AM: A heart.

Me: WHO IS YOUR FAVORITE WRITER THAT MOST PEOPLE HAVE NEVER HEARD OF?

AM: I'm so glad for this opportunity to recommend the novels and short stories of Nancy Hale (1908-1988)--especially her 1943 novel, The Prodigal Women. Ms. Hale's provocative and insightful books are hard to find now, but if you spot one in a library or vintage bookstore, snap it up! You'll thank me later.

Me: WHAT KID OR TEEN BOOKS MADE A DIFFERENCE IN YOUR WORLD GROWING UP?

AM: Okay, I confess. When I was a kid, my favorite books were comic books. And my favorite comic book protagonists were Little Lulu and Katy Keene. I've spent my entire life trying to be one or the other.

Me: WHERE DO YOU LIKE TO WRITE YOUR BOOKS (BED ~ COFFEE SHOP ~ AN OFFICE)?
AM: First in my head, then in my office.

Me: DESCRIBE YOUR IDEAL PLACE TO WRITE:

AM: Ideally, I would write on a powerful new laptop in a kingsize bed in a luxury hotel suite with a room service menu at my side. (There I go, talking about food again.)

Me: WHAT ARE YOU READING @ THE MOMENT?

AM: Persepolis, a fascinating graphic memoir by Marjane Satrapi.

Me: WHERE DO YOU USUALLY READ?

AM: On the couch, with a glass of red wine nearby.

Me: DO YOU USUALLY HAVE MORE THAN ONE BOOK YOU ARE READING AT A TIME?

AM: Always. Right now, in addition to Persepolis, I'm reading a Rex Stout mystery and a book of short stories by Ellen Gilchrist.

Me: DO YOU READ NONFICTION IN A DIFFERENT WAY OR PLACE THAN YOU READ FICTION?

AM: Nope. All roads lead to my couch.

Thank you so much, Amanda, for stopping by!
The 5th & final Paige Turner Mystery, Dial Me for Murder is on sale now!

Hurry! Grab a copy of Dial Me for Murder!

0 Friends chat back...: