.quickedit
BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

A Resort Chat w/ Carrie Ryan


The Book Resort is excited to have the incredible Carrie Ryan stop by.

Ready? Here we go...


Me: What are you working on now? (If you can give us a hint!)
CR: Right now I’m working on The Dead-Tossed Waves which is the companion/sequel to The Forest of Hands and Teeth and is coming out Spring 2010.


Me: Spiderman or Superman:
CR: Superman – dig the cape.

Me: Wonder Woman or Batgirl:
CR: Wonder Woman all the way — you don’t know how many times I’ve held my wrists up to use my bracelets to deflect bullets (okay, not that many, but I did totally have the Wonder Woman costume... I’m sure there are pics around here somewhere...)

Me: Chunky or Smooth:
CR: Chunky – those are the best parts!

Me: Favorite flavor ice cream:
CR: Any flavor with chunks that is not light, lite, no-fat or low-fat.

Me: Favorite ice cream topping:
CR: Hot fudge.

Me: Subway or Taxi:
CR: Subway if I’m feel adventurous, Taxi if I’m not (I’m a small town girl).


Me: Broadway Show or Movie Theater:
CR: Broadway Show — I’ll cry at almost any musical.

Me: TiVo or DVR:
CR: I still call all DVRs TiVos which brings out the inner law geek in me.

Me: Favorite vacation place:
CR: Anywhere with sand, sun, fruity drinks and good scuba diving.

Me: Next vacation destination:
CR: Pawley’s Island.

Me: Favorite NYC hotspot:
CR: Erm... Dunno. I just follow where people who know these things lead me.

Me: Guilty Pleasure:
CR: Watching reality TV in the early evening after work and before my fiancé is home.

Me: Good luck charm:
CR: Don’t have one. Though I do have an old teddy bear who protects me from ghosts...

Me: When you were a little girl, you thought you would grow up to be a….
CR: Doctor.

Me: Last thing bought at the mall:
CR: Green case with a monkey on it for my iPhone.

Me: Item on your grocery list:
CR: Diet Coke. Am always running out.

Me: French fries or Onion Rings:
CR: French fries (though I am a sucker for onion straws).

Me: Pizza: New York or Chicago?
CR: New York.

Me: Midnight snack:
CR: Chocolate covered pretzels.

Me: Bookmark or dog ear?
CR: Bookmark for hardbacks, dog ear mass market paperbacks. For trades it all depends on my mood.

Me: Read with dustjacket or remove it?
CR: Usually remove it.

Me: Ocean, Lake, Desert, Mountain:
CR: Mountain with the ocean on one side and lake on the other.

Me: Favorite book:
CR: Can’t choose just one.

Me: Item you can't live without:
CR: Chapstick (well, technically I use Burt’s Bees Lemon Butter Cuticle Crème as chapstick).

Me: Who is your favorite writer that most people have never heard of?
CR: Huh, that’s a tough one.

Me: What kid or teen books made a difference in your world growing up?
CR: Pretty much all of them because I loved to read so much. These days I can’t help but think Christopher Pike helped me fall in love with scary YA.

Me: Where do you like to write your books (bed ~ coffee shop ~ an office)?
CR: I change it up a lot, but usually at home on the couch or kicked back in a leather chair.

Me: Describe your ideal place to write:
CR: Any place where I get get into the character’s head without someone interrupting me.

Me: What are you reading @ the moment?
CR: DULL BOY by Sarah Cross – LOVING IT!

Me: Where do you usually read?
CR: Usually in bed.

Me: Do you usually have more than one book you are reading at a time?
CR: I try not to!

Me: Do you read nonfiction in a different way or place than you read fiction?
CR: Nope, still read it kicked back in bed (unless the book is too big to hold up with one hand).

CR:Thanks!!!
Me: Thank you so much, Carrie, for stopping by The Book Resort!

Check out Carrie @

Quick grab a copy before the zombies get ya!


US






UK, Australia, New Zealand



0 Friends chat back...: